Amoy Coace Plastic Technology Co.,Ltd
Add:No.131 Xifu Road, Tong'an District, Xiamen City,China
Contact us:Micheal li
Toughening Agent Definition
The toughening agent (Toughener) is a substance that can increase the flexibility of the adhesive film layer. Certain thermosetting resin adhesives, such as epoxy resin, phenolic resin and unsaturated polyester resin adhesives after curing the elongation rate is low, the brittleness is larger, when the bonding site under external pressure is very easy to produce cracks, and rapid expansion, resulting in adhesive layer cracking, fatigue resistance, can not be used as structural bonding. Therefore, we must try to reduce brittleness, increase toughness and increase the bearing strength. Any substance that reduces brittleness and increases toughness without affecting other major properties of the adhesive is called toughening agent.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Compatibility functions
- Classification of compatibility
- Cyclic anhydride (MAH)
- Compatibility of classification and...
- Application compatibility
- Range of application
- Applied to the plastic coupling wit...
- Plastic compatibility
- Maleic anhydride graft polypropylene
- Impact modifier
- Additives for Plastics
- Adding method of plastic additive
- What are the common types of plasti...
- Impact Modifiers For Plastics
- Current situation of impact modifiers
- Brief introduction of characteristi...